4 Stroke 2011 KTM 450EXC Clicking Sound

Got back from a great day of single track riding yesterday and notice a clicking sound when I turn the bars left or right. Sounds like it's coming from the steering head bearing but I'm not sure. Looking for any input or advice to narrow down what the culprit could be.

SRAD97750

Staff member
They can click when getting worn out.
To narrow it down, I like to remove the headlight housing or number plate and make sure none of the cables are catching on anything, making noises, etc...
But, in the history of my own bikes, I have always been chasing sounds or 'cables catching' right before I changed the steering stem bearings...
:blah:
Long story short, IMO if it's not your cables catching on stuff, it's time for bearings. -BIG DAN:thumb:

They can click when getting worn out.
To narrow it down, I like to remove the headlight housing or number plate and make sure none of the cables are catching on anything, making noises, etc...
But, in the history of my own bikes, I have always been chasing sounds or 'cables catching' right before I changed the steering stem bearings...
:blah:
Long story short, IMO if it's not your cables catching on stuff, it's time for bearings. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I agree, I've never been lucky enough for it to be anything else when I hear that noise.