4 Stroke 2011 KTM 250 XCF CLUTCH INSPECTION

They look good, but like Dan said, you need to get a measurement with a caliper before you know to replace or put them back in. The RMA Tusk kit for about $50 is a great buy :thumb:

other than a hammer....I never thought of any other uses for a crescent wrench, i see it being used as a rear brake pedal depressor, that's a good use for it also.

Those plates look damn fine to me, but a set of calipers will get you the proper measurement to compare against the service limit. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Yeah, I don't own a set of calipers and don't know what the proper measurement should be.

As most of you know, I usually take the bikes in to have the "tire pressure checked" :smirk:

Thus far 2015 is looking like I'm going to give the mechanic work another go. :thumb: hopefully I have learned some patience in 2014. :smirk:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Yeah, I don't own a set of calipers and don't know what the proper measurement should be.
Thus far 2015 is looking like I'm going to give the mechanic work another go. :thumb: hopefully I have learned some patience in 2014. :smirk:
Well, calipers are $11 at harbor freight
and the spec can probably be found quickly online...
Yep. Minimum thickness 2.9mm

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Those sure look good. Was it having a slipping or some other issue? Otherwise, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

If that bike has 230 hours I'd change the fork oil and replacing/bleeding the clutch and brakes is a good idea.

As most of you know, I usually take the bikes in to have the "tire pressure checked" :smirk:

If you can read,comprehend and can hold a wrench you can repair your own bikes. However, the suspension at this time would be much easier for you to remove and take in for service. That's what most guys do anyway.

Those sure look good. Was it having a slipping or some other issue? Otherwise, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

If that bike has 230 hours I'd change the fork oil and replacing/bleeding the clutch and brakes is a good idea.

Top end and valves done by the shop a few months and 30 hrs ago.

Just not much clutch feel in the lever, hard to explain.

I'll stop by harbor freight. I was there yesterday looking at torque wrenches. I have a cheap harbor freight torque wrench. I think I want something a little nicer.

Top end and valves done by the shop a few months and 30 hrs ago.

Just not much clutch feel in the lever, hard to explain.

I'll stop by harbor freight. I was there yesterday looking at torque wrenches. I have a cheap harbor freight torque wrench. I think I want something a little nicer.
I have one you can borrow if needed.