2011 Best In the Desert Vegas to Reno...longest off road race in America

Is in the books. Vegas to Reno race was Friday 19 August. AS Racing team entered 2 bikes. Our first huge race. We entered the open expert class #344 with a CRF450X. Our riders were 16 yr old Junior Delgado, 18yr old Garrett Burnett and 21yr old Kelly Malobovich. We told them we just wanted them to finish with no injuries, no pressure. They are young and have never ridden this terrain and we were a little concerned they would try to ride over their heads. Our 2nd bike was Anna Cody #014 who ironmanned it. She is such an inspiration.

#344 came in 6th overall and 2nd in class. 1st place in our (non pro class) were pro racers Justin Morrow and Carl Massberg whose teammate David Pearson didn't want to race against his own team. Purvines Racing put those guys in open expert. We are so proud of our guys. They killed it! They rode smooth and smart and beat a lot of other pro teams.

#014 finished also and in 15 hours. She is still the only woman to solo the baja 1000 (one other woman rode it but with her pit crew riding with her, Anna did it on her own)

So proud of those riders. They did GREAT!!!!

AS Racing ran all their own pits and had all their own chase teams. We did it all ourselves and it ran beautifully. Looking forward to next year!

293566_2076761631301_1012773302_31958592_966851_n.jpg

James

Staff member
Very cool Mr. Smith or is this actually Mrs. Smith (who I had the honor of meeting on Facebook :smirk:)?

Thanks for sharing, do you have anymore pictures/video you could share with us? :ride:

Very cool Agent. :thumb: Congrats on the both teams doing well. This is one race I did not do as I retired before they had it. :thinking: I wonder if I could put a team together for next year. Anybody out there want to sponsor a slow washed up desert racer? :wave:

Oddly enough, I called your shop today and talked to a very nice lady there, who was happy to tell me all about this. As I said then, congrats :thumb:

Thank you for all the well wishes. I am "Mrs AgentSmith", didn't pose as him here, only on facebook. lol Great to have them back in town to get all the stories and they haven't stopped with them yet. Wish I could have been there but it was our daughters first day back at school and I figured since I only have 5 of them left (until college) I should stay here and enjoy it. Couldn't be happier about the outcome of this race. We had a huge support team and riders that were so dedicated. Could not be prouder to be part of this. You guys know that if you ever want to jump into the racing out here USDR or D37 and we are there pitting, let us know if you need help. That's what they do. :thumb: I don't post a whole lot but I do read. : ))

James

Staff member
Thanks for the pictures. :thumb:

BTW does that say what I think it does (impeach obama)? :lol: :USA:
Thank you for all the well wishes. I am "Mrs AgentSmith", didn't pose as him here, only on facebook. lol Great to have them back in town to get all the stories and they haven't stopped with them yet. Wish I could have been there but it was our daughters first day back at school and I figured since I only have 5 of them left (until college) I should stay here and enjoy it. Couldn't be happier about the outcome of this race. We had a huge support team and riders that were so dedicated. Could not be prouder to be part of this. You guys know that if you ever want to jump into the racing out here USDR or D37 and we are there pitting, let us know if you need help. That's what they do. :thumb: I don't post a whole lot but I do read. : ))
:lol: No worries, I was just stirring the pot (:stirthepot:).

Hey we love racing/riding stories, you're more then welcome to share them with us (if you feel so inclined). :thumb:

haaa, yes it does say "impeach obama" and yes, I would love to share some stories.... have a couple things to do and then I'll come back. : ))