2010 yz450f

I have a 2010 yz450f and recently it seems to gradually be loosing power. It has tons of compression and has no issue starting and is still fast like a 450 but doesn't have the torque or the jump like it did. The bike just seems to rev up and not really go...it barely pulls the front wheel in 2nd gear compared to pulling wheelies in 4th when it was running good. I am not too good with the 4 stroke engines and any help would be great! I can answer questions to help figure it out to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hello, just a few questions.
Have you tried adjusting the clutch at the perch? Perhaps it is slipping under load?
Is it hard to start when hot?
Have you cleaned the carburetor?
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Hello, just a few questions.
Have you tried adjusting the clutch at the perch? Perhaps it is slipping under load?
Is it hard to start when hot?
Have you cleaned the carburetor?

No I haven't adjusted the clutch which it could be slipping. It does have any issues starting and it doesn't have a carb. Fuel injected.

No I haven't adjusted the clutch which it could be slipping. It does have any issues starting and it doesn't have a carb. Fuel injected.

Doesn't have issues starting *

Unless it's not an obvious thing like a bald tire or worn out drive sprocket, I'd go with clutch related issue as well. Other than the possibilities referenced above by Dan, one other related thought would be, if you put any oil in the transmission that used the term "friction modifiers" or "increases fuel economy" on the bottle then this could cause this problem as well.

Unless it's not an obvious thing like a bald tire or worn out drive sprocket, I'd go with clutch related issue as well. Other than the possibilities referenced above by Dan, one other related thought would be, if you put any oil in the transmission that used the term "friction modifiers" or "increases fuel economy" on the bottle then this could cause this problem as well.

My tire is worn but it's definitely the bike there's a huge lack of torque. Sprockets are new so that is not the issue. And all I run is yamalube for the oil nothing that says friction modifier or fuel economy. And I looked at the clutch and took all the plates out and everything looks good...but idk if I could tell by just looking at everything. Was thinking about just ordering clutch plates and seeing how it feels.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Clutch issues are always adjustment related. Still yet to see my first worn clutch.
-Perch adjustment
-Cable routing
-Cable life
-Basket adjustment (if available)
-Ball Bearing missing/destroyed