2008 Crf 450r bearing out or what? I'm lost.

Hey again! So I tore it all down. Now I'm not sure whats the problem. So far all that I found is the little rectangular reed valve was missing 1 out of 2 screws, and around that area down there is where I found the most of the shredded metal. also, I'm not sure if its a problem but the actual shaft on the crank has the slightest bit of play. Mainly I just don't know what to replace so please help! I don't want to put it all back together and not replace the main prob. Thanks in advance! Also, I was thinking it was the crank bearing. But after checking them, I'm not sure that's the case. The special roller bearing, (When viewing from the back of motor, left side.) feels ok, but I'm not sure how smooth it should be. But yeah, please leave some feedback. Really desperate to get riding again. Thanks!

I'm not sure but it sounds like you bought a bike that was clapped out. The good news is you can fix everything yourself and the fastest most reliable way to get back on the dirt is to do a full rebuild. For about $300 or so you'll have a fresh motor. Crank rebuild, new top end and new gaskets along with a new water pump bearings and seal. Also don't forget the most important tool, it's called a shop manual. You must have that before starting

except for I got this bike about a year ago and its been running strong, especially at the dunes. never had a prob. till about a week ago. I've brought it racing too.

except for I got this bike about a year ago and its been running strong, especially at the dunes. never had a prob. till about a week ago. I've brought it racing too.

Listen man, I've been doing this a long time. Rebuild and get another year out of it.
Back when I used to race and ride a lot I was rebuilding and the top end every 40hrs and rebuilding the bottom ended about a 100hrs. You hats a 250 though. A 125 should get rebuilt every 25 to 30 hrs with a bottom end every 100 if not sooner.

I doubt $300 will freshen up a 450r and I dont think they have a reed valve but I've been wrong at least once that I will admit to.
What kind of bike are we talking about here?

CRF 450 has a reed valve between the cases.
ebay for about 600 bucks will cover a top/bottom/cam chain/valves. Just did my sons 05. over 10 hours and we are going to adjust the valves (check them) for the first time since rebuild tomorrow.

yeah! I am gonna clean that thing clean as new, and replace any bearings that need replaced and so on. Idk if I could afford to be spending money on rebuilds right now.

I doubt $300 will freshen up a 450r and I dont think they have a reed valve but I've been wrong at least once that I will admit to.
What kind of bike are we talking about here?

Yep, little critter sits in the bottom of the cases and basically just keeps the oil going in ONE direction when scavenging the case. You can get cavitation without it working right. One more reason that you want to see the insides of one of those as soon as you get it. One more reason to wonder about whether you might be just as happy with something else. (As I stare at my 04.)

Ok, So I am gonna finally get going and do full engine rebuild. I'm ordering the parts today and will be working on it sometime this week when I don't have work. But please stay tuned because I will prob. need some help during the rebuild

Ok, So I am gonna finally get going and do full engine rebuild. I'm ordering the parts today and will be working on it sometime this week when I don't have work. But please stay tuned because I will prob. need some help during the rebuild

Not a problem. We are more than happy to help. You have a manual, correct?