2005 Honda CR85R Project Bike-NJ!

Hey everyone,

I have this bike for sale after putting too much time and work into it all for a bike that's way too small for me. [emoji14]

I'll copy and paste the Craigslist information I out in the ad, it's a mouthful... Located in Northern NJ! Asking $800

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/5178706046.html

Hello,

I had a 2005 Honda CR85R project bike for sale. I've had this bike for many years now and over the last few years, it has become somewhat of a project for me being that it is much too small for me. To begin, it will not run without a new woodruff key in!

About two years ago, I was riding it and the stator began to fail. I replaced the stator (I have never replaced any parts with anything but genuine Honda parts, I can scrummage around to find receipts if this is really a concern), but not being a 2 stroke expert, I did not correctly set the timing after.

I didn't know the timing was the issue as I thought I did it correctly, so I went to another route. I checked everything, spark, fuel, air, and compression. Everything was perfect, the compression tester read more than exceptional numbers, the plug had perfect spark, carbs were getting fuel, but to no avail. Starting with the cheapest options first, I replaced the plug, cleaned the carbs and filter so I could literally eat off of them, replaced the reeds, thoroughly cleaned the exhaust internally, and disassembled the top end to check for scoring or damage. Still, nothing.

I gave up, went to the local Honda dealer and paid $200 for a checkup and fix. All went well, they said the timing was too off and the woodruff key became loose. So, they installed a new one and the bike ran perfectly for about 2 hours. Went to start it up the next day, but again, did not start. Took it back to the dealer and they said it sheered the woodruff key and that something is causing it to do so.

They mentioned a new flywheel may be the fix and after some research, it seems it might be too. I just don't have the time, tools (flywheel puller), or money to keep up with this. I encourage anyone who is interested to stop by or shoot me a call, email, or text, if you'd like to stop by, take a look, or even try a fix before considering buying it.

Title is in hand, please contact me for any and all additional information, I'd be happy to help.

Also, if anyone reads this and thinks it is definitely this or that and would like to inform myself as to a route I can take, I'd really appreciate it. I know it is worth more fixed and running, but I'm not going to put a key in it, have it run for a 'test drive' and sell a bike that will inevitably break.

I have just spent too much time and money on possible fixes, so like I said if anyone knows what it this is or has heard/had a similar problem and know a fix, it would mean the world to me!