2005 cr85 front brake?

hey does anybody know if there is a trick to bleeding the front brakes? i think i let air into the whole thing becuz i was trying to drain it all since i was afraid there might be water in it...uhh...so i took the cap off the reservoir thing and opened the bleeder valve and pumped it out till it was empty lol..now im finding it hard to build pressure in the cylinder since i poured the fluid in the reservoir and its just sitting there..i tried bleeding it like i did the rear brake but its not doing anything...no bubbles no nothing..

i was sortof thinking maybe i need to build pressure on the bleeder valve/master cylinder end? like sumhow pump compressed brake fluid (brake fluid with no air) in there till it works its way up to the reservoir...but thats just a hunch and i have no idea how to even try that with no utensile as such...haha...help!

Hi Jess!
Long time no hear from you. Hope all is well.
Not sure that I have any 'tricks', but If you have a buddy to help it can make things easier.
What I would do is fill the reservoir, pop the bleeder and let it gravity bleed. Do this a few times. Obviously dont let the res run dry. Sometimes this works, sometimes not.
If not, fill the res, have a buddy crack the bleeder and slowly pull in the brake lever. Dont let it back out out until your buddy closes the bleeder. Try this a few times, then try building pressure and doing it the normal way.

Sometimes things just dont want to pump up. I recently replaced the clutch slave cylinder in my Ford Ranger. I pumped that thing forever and it never built pressure. I eventually had to remove it from the truck and bleed it on the bench.

Maybe one of the gurus here will chime in with a better way than what I've described above.
Good luck, and good to hear from you again!

Last edited:
Hi Jess!
Long time no hear from you. Hope all is well.
Not sure that I have any 'tricks', but If you have a buddy to help it can make things easier.
What I would do is fill the reservoir, pop the bleeder and let it gravity bleed. Do this a few times. Obviously dont let the res run dry. Sometimes this works, sometimes not.
If not, fill the res, have a buddy crack the bleeder and slowly pull in the brake lever. Dont let it back out out until your buddy closes the bleeder. Try this a few times, then try building pressure and doing it the normal way.

Sometimes things just dont want to pump up. I recently replaced the clutch slave cylinder in my Ford Ranger. I pumped that thing forever and it never built pressure. I eventually had to remove it from the truck and bleed it on the bench.

Maybe one of the gurus here will chime in with a better way than what I've described above.
Good luck, and good to hear from you again!
i actually figured it out..i was right i filled it from the bleeder end with a siphon thingy and it worked..got it running but after the test ride i noticed there was like a rusty sort of liquid all over the cap of the rear reservoir as if it splashed out of the cap but i took it off and opened it again and the fluid was still clear not rusty at all so i have no idea where it was coming from...gonna have to run it again tomorrow or sum other day i get time to myself and see if it happens again...i have no hunches on where it couldve come from..its been dry too so i dont kno that it was water or sum residual stuff from the outside...idk...

ps i havent ridden much so i havent even been on here anymore lol...been working like crazy tho since i went fulltime...how u been dude? hows ur riding going?

Glad you figured it out, I knew you would.
I'm good, the kid is good. We've been laying low and hiding from the sun.
Right now my bike(s) are down so not much riding for me lately anyway. But I got the kiddo's CR80 running like a top and have brought him to the track recently. Hopefully I'll have my WR running by tomorrow night. It supposed to cool off here this weekend (to 100!) so I'm hoping to get back to the track. I just really started jumping at the beginning of the summer, then it heated up and bikes started breaking down, so not much since and I'm Jones-ing for it.
Other than that, just collecting motorcycles and waiting for summer to end.
Your ankle must be better...

wow must be super hot! its been hella hot here too..whats needed on the bike? i feel u on the yea i spent all day just trying to get mine running right again she was much needing it...my cars got sumthing going on too the check engine light is on and the codes are saying sumthing about evap leak, voltage drop below 9v, and power loss activated with i think the abs system or sumthing..idk..im gonna take it in next wed and have them rip me off haha...true shit tho...its a 11' bmw 328i so...yea...lol..ankle is better but its been giving me shit for awhile now, im starting to think it was the new shoes so i switched bacl and it feels ok for now, skating isnt the same tho..i cant hit too high of drops cuz it hurts when i land hard and i cant afford another injury since i cant have anymore time off from work till jan...ehhh...just life..gotta put priorities first i guess..