DRZ 2003 Suzuki DRZ110

Last week I picked up this bike for my niece and it needed a few things, a shift lever being one of them. So I ordered the lever and the 'shift change shaft return spring' (#92144 below).
Problem is I dont know how the spring fits in place unless it belongs inside the case. I can put it around the shaft and it just dangles there.
Is this an internal spring? If it is then cool, I'll disregard.

Save 25  on Suzuki OEM Dirt Bike Parts   MotoSport.png

Ok, the spring goes on the shaft as in the drawing and then is put over the tab sticking out of the arm on the shaft. The crocked part of the spring goes on the right side and the straight goes on the left side.

Paw Paw

Okay, so it's internal, inside the cases.
It has to be.
This is the 2nd time I have been deceived by these exploded view drawings. Coming from an engineering background and having spent some time working with CAD programs I am not liking the way they draw them.
I just went through this on my WR and the water pump. When you look at that drawing it shows the 2 shaft seals right next to each other, but doesn't show that their is an aluminum case between the two, just like here.
Seems to me they should show that.
Thanks for the quick reply Paw Paw.

Last edited:
Not yet.
I dug into it online though and have a pretty decent idea of what I'll be looking at, and looking for when I get into it. I think it's the linkage that connects to the drum.
Its a money thing right now. I have some big bills that come due in Nov, and then Xmas is right there, so I'm thinking 2018.
Between this and the 2 YZ's, and the Shadow, and the CR, and the WR lately...:bonk:.

Not yet.
I dug into it online though and have a pretty decent idea of what I'll be looking at, and looking for when I get into it. I think it's the linkage that connects to the drum.
Its a money thing right now. I have some big bills that come due in Nov, and then Xmas is right there, so I'm thinking 2018.
Between this and the 2 YZ's, and the Shadow, and the CR, and the WR lately...:bonk:.
Would you like to add an 1987 1400 Intruder to the list?