2 stroke gearbox flush

Last year just around october/November one of the friction plates on my 83 rm250 exploded. Leaving all sorts of metal fragments in my gear box. When i went to replace my clutch i tried flushing out the debris with diesel fuel. Thought i had gotten all of it. Today i pulled the clutch over off because there was an oil leak, when i pulled it off i found a chunk of metal. Im wondering if theres a better way to flush it without splitting the cases.
Also does anyone know where the oil level check bolt is located? I know on most bikes its on the clutch case. Ive looked everywhere on this bike and cant find it.

I couldn't find it below the kick start. I did find a couple by the primary sprocket that could be it or it could be the case half bolts. Id upload pictures but it keeps saying image to large. Anyways ill try to explain to you. Theres two Philips head srews between the sprocket and shifter a little behind the stator cover. And then theres one right behind the sprocket guard

Should always put in recommended amount and not even use the dribble screw.

You flushed it the best way, but I would have flushed it about 4-5 times and made sure to lay it on the right mostly to get the debris to drop out on the clutch side.

Should always put in recommended amount and not even use the dribble screw.

You flushed it the best way, but I would have flushed it about 4-5 times and made sure to lay it on the right mostly to get the debris to drop out on the clutch side.

Hmmm ill have to pull the motor back out and do it a few more times