1999 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

SRAD97750

Staff member
After two years of careful searching, I have found a worthy steed.
Meant for two-up riding with saddlebags, this rocketship has caught my eye and is slowly stealing my heart.

Lots of trick bits... Under 15K miles!
Ohlins rear shock, 6mm shim mod, stainless braided Galfer brake/clutch lines, Powerbronze touring windscreen, VFR handlebars (2 inches taller), lowered pegs (1.5 inches lower), Two Brothers slip-ons, soft saddlebags, and tank bag.

Just look ontoit...
19.jpg

18.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
@SRAD97750 Dan having never ridden one are they as good as they say?
Got to love that 200 speedo :ride:
With 14k aint even hardly run in yet!
It is smoother than a sewing machine, and deceivingly fast. Extremely usable power, very linear powerband. 6th gear pulls from 25mph hard (zero bog) to a theoretical 180+mph. DID I SAY DECEIVINGLY FAST YET?
FI is pretty much flawless. I've ridden/owned some "snatchy" FI bikes, this one is smooth.
As far as speed... it held the Guinness world record for fastest production motorcycle in 1997. The hayabusa exists solely to out-run the super blackbird. And it does, but speed is not my thing anymore.
One of my requirements in my search was extremely low mileage. These scooters regularly crack 150,000 miles without incident.
Very nice. Kinda old man but very nice lol
It's very old man. But after 15 years of sportbikes, I require more two-up comfort these days. It's meant for long trips with the little lady. Spent 2 years deciding this was the correct bike for my 30's. -BIG DAN:thumb:

It is smoother than a sewing machine, and deceivingly fast. Extremely usable power, very linear powerband. FI is pretty much flawless. I've ridden/owned some "snatchy" FI bikes, this one is smooth.
As far as speed... it held the Guinness world record for fastest production motorcycle in 1997. The hayabusa exists solely to out-run the super blackbird. And it does, but speed is not my thing anymore.
One of my requirements in my search was extremely low mileage. These scooters regularly crack 150,000 miles without incident.

It's very old man. But after 15 years of sportbikes, I require more two-up comfort these days. It's meant for long trips with the little lady. Spent 2 years deciding this was the correct bike for my 30's. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I'm just flipping ya shit lol. It's a very nice ride

That's a Hell of a find, Dan. A 17 year old bike with less than 15K miles and looking like it just came off the showroom floor. I'm glad you found it. The previous owner didn't deserve it, IMO.
That'll make an excellent sport tourer. Motorcycle touring is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. If I can't get there by motorcycle, then there isn't any reason to go at all. :ride:
The one thing that would worry me about that bike , though, is the tires. They're probably 17 years old also. For peace of mind, maybe a fresh set?

SRAD97750

Staff member
That's a Hell of a find, Dan. A 17 year old bike with less than 15K miles and looking like it just came off the showroom floor. I'm glad you found it. The previous owner didn't deserve it, IMO.
That'll make an excellent sport tourer. Motorcycle touring is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. If I can't get there by motorcycle, then there isn't any reason to go at all. :ride:
The one thing that would worry me about that bike , though, is the tires. They're probably 17 years old also. For peace of mind, maybe a fresh set?
Thanks very much, I'm loving it.
These bikes eat tires in 4000 miles.:shocked: :clap:
This is her 4th set of tires installed in december 2015. Old Girl has had it good, the previous owner was a hipster. He replaced tires, before new tires were cool. -BIG DAN:thumb: