RM125 1991 RM125

I rode it up and down the street, so I brought it home.
Since it needs work, I figured I will need to start a new thread, so here it is.
First question right off the bat, who's got a link for a factory service manual?
1991 RM125.JPG

I just have to point out that your bike and the fire hydrant are EXACTLY the same color
Yep, I like it.
I'm colorblind so I like things that are bright yellow or bright orange, they're a couple of the few colors that really stand out to me. I can see them coming from a mile away.
Unlike that red stop sign buried against those green trees at the upcoming intersection...

I just have to point out that your bike and the fire hydrant are EXACTLY the same color
Wellllllllll... The shrouds are at least:poke::moon:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=1991 rm125&ssPageName=GSTL
There are a few spares available over here surprisingly cheap!
There are even a pair of new UFO shrouds half way down the first page!
:thumb:
Hmmm just tried above link and it's dead after page1,
Just search ebayuk while you are signed out of eBay US for full listings!(if you stay signed in to Ebay.com you will only see adverts with shipping offered to the U.S.!
Do the same with eBay.FR (France) as I got loads of NOS stuff there!

Last edited:
Cool. Good info to know, thanks Red.
I've been out monkeying with it today. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.
It's the first time I've seen this carb though, a Mikuni TM35, and Ive seen carbs in worse condition than this one.
Reeds look new, air filter is clean.
Lots of mismatched body/frame nuts & bolts, and multiple stripped out weld-nuts.
I'm gonna take the pipe off tonight and take a peek at the piston. If it looks all good and has good compression I'm gonna rejet the carb, replace the fork seals, through some plastic on it and let the kid go destroy it.

bike looks good, however tires look dated. I completely went through my bike, some parts may be difficult to find.
Tires may be dated but they got enough tread for 1 season, about the same amount of time I'm guessing for the kiddo to rip the fenders off.
So far I havent needed to find much; got some side covers and new air scoops coming. Carb parts should be here by this weekend. Fenders are available, and can wait. Still haven't done a compression test, but I wouldn't even know what it should be.
Had to buy an actual paper manual, that'll be here Friday.
Just in time for it to really heat up and park it for the summer.

Now that you have that bike. Just try and keep Mike out of your blankets.
Great, I'll warn Zach to keep an eye open for creepy old guys that smell like beer and premix trying to break into his bedroom at night. And if he hears the sound of a smoker starting up in the garage in the middle of the night and it ain't me, to shoot first and ask questions later :thumb:.