1989 yz 125 bottom end

Thank you guys for posting those links. So I'm taking the flywheel puller is the only thing i definitely need? I need to get a manual and video tape the disassembly so I don't forget.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The bearings can be driven out with sockets.
The crank puller would also help a ton, but you can do it without. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Ok. Some one told me I have to have a machine shop do the crank. Can I do it on my own if I follow the book or should I let the pros do this part

SRAD97750

Staff member
Ok. Some one told me I have to have a machine shop do the crank. Can I do it on my own if I follow the book or should I let the pros do this part
I would let the pros do the crank. They have a special Jig that holds the crank halves in perfect alignment during the pressing process. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I wouldn't. If you don't get the crank back together exact it will be off balance and rattle you to death before it finally destroys it self. Plus you have a serious press to do this.