1983 husqvarna 500xc

Should I trade my 2003 yamaha yz250f for a 1983 husqvarna 500xc? I have no idea what it's worth but I heard they're rare and have a lot of power. What would one of these sell for is what I'm mainly asking. Btw a guy offered to trade me one.

Old bike comes old technology. GREAT for their day, bad ass! Harsh suspension unless you are strictly using it to race vintage class, where everyone has to suffer..

But you could put a lot of $$$$ and work into it and make it only a little better, so why bother..

Old bike comes old technology. GREAT for their day, bad ass! Harsh suspension unless you are strictly using it to race vintage class, where everyone has to suffer..

But you could put a lot of $$$$ and work into it and make it only a little better, so why bother..
I see how much they're selling for on other websites and its a LOT more than what mine would sell for. Why not do it?!
:thumb:

Haha if it looks as good as im hoping then I'll do it! He says it's all been rebuilt even the motor. I'm just hoping it still has the factory style paint.

Your bike I would say is worth in the range of 1,800 - 2,400 in average to good conditon,that ole husky probably 500- 1,200 in decent to excellent condition.....however the main difference here is there are people willing to pay far more than that husky is worth than your yzf simply because of nostalgia factor and the fact that there are crap loads of YZ's out there and the husky is far harder to find.....so basically it's your decision, but that's my 2 cents.

Last edited:
they would pay more if it is a restoration. if it is a rider, then like you say gary, 600 dollars. if there were people actually getting that for a bike like mentioned in the area I would think the current owner who seems to want it unloaded would sell it and buy something he wants and pocket the difference.