1983 DR250 Shock

Ok I was given an 83 DR250, the bike wasn't to well taken care off but I'm getting it there. I'm completely new to dirt bikes and know virtually nothing about them. It needs a front fender, a new seat "not a cover" a new rear fender, and most of all the shock needs replaced or rebuilt. I cant seem to find any rebuild kits, or even a cheapo aftermarket shock. I know the bike is HIGHLY outdated, and lots of OEM parts are discontinued, but there has to be something, or someone out there that knows what I need, or need to do. Thanks for any input Yall have to offer!

SRAD97750

Staff member
That's a tough one. eBay doesn't look any better...
I'm sure a suspension shop could make it functional, but I don't know what it would cost.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Got a guy that claims he can rebuild it for 97$ but he also gave me the the dealer website he uses to get all his parts... the website has no parts for the shock itself. I has parts for that gas reservoir "if that's what it's called" that's mounted on the frame, but not for the shock lol so idk. I'll give him a shot and see what happens...

Got a guy that claims he can rebuild it for 97$ but he also gave me the the dealer website he uses to get all his parts... the website has no parts for the shock itself. I has parts for that gas reservoir "if that's what it's called" that's mounted on the frame, but not for the shock lol so idk. I'll give him a shot and see what happens...

STOP!

Call racetech or factory connection first. See what they say.