1974 TC125 Restoring....WHAT is this part called?

Greetings from Canada!
I am in the process of getting a Suzuki 1975 tc125 running. it currently has no spark, while checking out the problem i noticed the spark plug wire. I pulled on it a bit and it came right out of that white ceramic thing. What is that ceramic part called. its white. has the plug wire coming out of it. amde out of ceramic or similar material. I wanted to call it a cdi, but thats not what its called i dont think.
It has epoxy and crap all on it from a previous repair from a previous owner i guess. There are still little busted wires from the plug wire in it too i can see. Im pretty sure thats the reason i have no spark lol. The plug itself looks good and it appears the bike runs really well....when it runs haha.
So any help in naming what that part is called, so i can order a new one, would be great.
Also, what is a good website to buy parts from?
Peace.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sounds like the Coil.
The Coil and Sparkplug Boot both have a 'wood screw' in that hole that the ignition wire screws onto. The 'wood screw' threads into the wires directly to make a connection. This connection gets weak as the wire strands break and deteriorate due to vibration.
Typically, if you have enough coil wire, you can lop off a half inch of the end and screw the wire back into the coil and make a fresh connection on fresh wires. -BIG DAN:thumb:

an older unit like this may not have the screw on wire into the coil itself, the plug end could be replaced with a modern screw on tho, even if it was a fixed piece originally

SRAD97750

Staff member
Heres some pics of the coil. Looks in rough shape.
Yeah, that thing is thrashed. Luckily the exterior condition has no effect on ignition coils performance unless the ground is compromised.

I am willing to bet there is a screw down that hole. Shine a light in there, there is a screw sticking out. The plug wire screws onto those threads. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Won't cost anything to try. use some sand paper on the coil grounds and the frame mounts before you put them back together. sparkys are good caps and cheap when you can find them. auto parts stores can usually sell you an original NGK cap, cheap.