14' Toy Hauler Power Needs?

Ok, Now I have the TH and need to run it independently on a generator when camping. Could also run the other stuff on Propane as well but not lights even though it has 1 battery for juice. So, I need to figure out how big of a geny to run. I was looking at the Honda units: EU2000 or EU3000 but not sure if that will work for the AC (carrier) unit and say a radio, lighting, etc. I have a monster 6500 Subaru OHV that runs my house when we get a power out but she is a little loud. I know one of you guys will let me know. The TH is a Carson Rebel 14' unit like this:
00117.JPG

attachment.php
Help is appreciated from all.

we rent the eu3000's at work. One guy rents them multiple times a year. Normally he only takes one to power his whole camper (he useally picks them up in a 1 ton dually so i assume the camper is a decent size). But there is once every year that he rents 2. One to run the camper and then another to run his huge outdoor projector, stereo system, and some outdoor lighting. So basically you can't go wrong with a a eu3000. They are crazy quiet and we have had 0 problems with our for 5 years and thats with rental abuse :thumb:

On a side note a 2000 should be able to run it just fine, maybe not the microwave and A/C at teh same time though

Just camp next to geek and run a cord from his generator. :prof: You can dump your black water next to him too :smirk:

:thinking:...:thinking:...:thinking: .... :devil:
Ok, Now I have the TH and need to run it independently on a generator when camping. Could also run the other stuff on Propane as well but not lights even though it has 1 battery for juice. So, I need to figure out how big of a geny to run. I was looking at the Honda units: EU2000 or EU3000 but not sure if that will work for the AC (carrier) unit and say a radio, lighting, etc. I have a monster 6500 Subaru OHV that runs my house when we get a power out but she is a little loud. I know one of you guys will let me know. The TH is a Carson Rebel 14' unit like this:
00117.JPG

attachment.php
Help is appreciated from all.

Nice pull Gary, ought to serve you just right... :thumb: As for the gen... can't help you there since mine came with one... an Onan unit...

Check the date code on the tires before you plan any long distance trips.

Yah, they are originals so they where put on in 2007 probably. No cracks or checking was noticed on my inspection. But to be safe I will start looking at new ones once I pull it home.

The Honda EU 2000 is a good unit. I have one, it's quiet, and can generate power for alot of your needs. however, it won't have enough amps to start your Air conditioner. you would need two connected together to do that. a EU 3000 would be good. Heavier and louder though. calculate your amps your gonna use and see what you really need.

You say you got one battery. get a second one and hook it up in parallel. This will increase how long you have in reserve when the generator is off. Some places you go may have quiet hours, or generator hours. or you may have neighbor campers not wanting to hear a generator late at night. One battery may not last all night. and you don't want a battery to go less than 50% if you can help it. These deep cell batteries last longer if you don't drain all the way down. a heater fan can easily drain your battery on a cold night.

Another thing you can do to save amps id to replace your incandescent light bulbs with LED. a 2 amp incandescent bulb can be replaced by a .2 LEDs, giving off the same light. look around the web, and see the reviews and such for the correct bulbs. a bit more expensive, but you can find deals. well worth it on amp savings. you can run 10 leds on the same amperage as one incandescent. or one, 10 times longer.

Thanks sarge, I'll be looking into the two bat backup and LEDs when I pull it home. Should be picking it up in about 10 days when she gets the pink slip to sign over. :thumb:
Looking at the 3000 it said it would power all the stuff + a 13,800 btu AC.

EU3000 is good as is the Yamaha EF3000. Those should run everything you need. I would upgrade the single 12v to 2 6v on the trailer. I did that on my old 5th and the charge lasts longer. I now have 4 6v and 2 solar panels on the roof of the new house on wheels..:hyper:

Thanks sarge, I'll be looking into the two bat backup and LEDs when I pull it home. Should be picking it up in about 10 days when she gets the pink slip to sign over. :thumb:
Looking at the 3000 it said it would power all the stuff + a 13,800 btu AC.
Get two 6 volt golf cart batteries for the power source. Also get the Honda quiet generator. I seldom ever use my generator unless using the microwave or running the furnace for extended periods when freezing butt off. I also do not run enough lights to light up a landing strip though. Just be sure the generator is a quiet one as I had a friend once with a TH and he ran the loudest most annoying generator all the fricken time until we almost shot it. :naughty:

+1 on the golf cart batteries. That's going to be my upgrade once these batteries need replacing. as with a solar setup. currently, I may use my generator an hour in the morning and hour in the evening to charge up the batteries. I use a little more batteries than some because of grandkids wanting to watch their DVDs just before they go to sleep.