10 out of 10 weekend!

Kick ass 70F weekend in Ohio!

Well, I should be good for "plant a tree" on Arbor Day for the next eleventeen years! I'm banking them!

I planted 4 peach trees in two varieties by the cabin. I kept species together so they can cross pollinate and produce fruit. Beautiful 5 foot symmetrical trees with great branching!

I put two apples and two pears at the apex of the road that goes to the back of the property. They will get nice full sun.

We dug these by hand, 3' deep, 3' square, I had to fetch good black bottom-land top soil with the back-hoe to back fill every tree to give them the best start possible.

Up top, past "The Park" and into my newly created food plots by my automated corn feeders, was a different story! You would poke a shovel into the ground and get 5" of topsoil before it became rock and shale! Garbage! I ran my Tonka Toy hard and dug deep. We had to make 1/2 mile round trips to fill the bucket with premium soil by hand with shovels. It was pick axes and shovels, blisters on the hands, but we were on a mission!

We planted 8 more apples and 5 pears on Sunday. We got done just past dark. We were so tired, it took all we had to just close up camp and drive home! But we got it done!

This weekend, I have 330' of woven wire fence we have to encapsulate all the trees so the deer don't kill them. We already put 4" perforated drainage pipe around the trunks up to the first branches to protect against rabbits girdling them. We did our homework! We really worked our butts off from sunrise to sunset! I made great meals on the campfire and fed 4 hungry guys to their hearts content, and still had leftovers!

I'd rate the weekend a 10 out of 10! We got so much done! Fantastic weather! Clear skies and meteors at night! More so, it felt really good to do what we were doing, I felt like I was investing in the future of the land. My solar-plexus are still sore from all the laughing we did!

Life is good! I can hardly wait to smell the blossoms this spring!

John

Productive!! He hand planted 4000 trees out at our house, and are legal "tree farmers"! Very interesting, nice work! Oh :needpics:

Don't give me that "NoPics" bullshit! I'll invite you out to make a 1st hand accounting of it with your nose! You ready to ride?