07' RM 250 carb rebuild

Good evening all,

I recently bought a 07 RM 250 and gave been trying to do a light over haul on the bike. I'm stuck on thge carb however. I bought a rebuild kit and cleaned up everything. However I think my jet block is warped.. it isn't allowing the needle and slide to move smoothly. Idk if the block warped after i pulled the bolts out to clean everything up. The slide and needle move freely until I tighten the screws down.
Then it gets stuck. I am trying to find a shop manual that has part # in case u need to order a new block.

Good evening all,

I recently bought a 07 RM 250 and gave been trying to do a light over haul on the bike. I'm stuck on thge carb however. I bought a rebuild kit and cleaned up everything. However I think my jet block is warped.. it isn't allowing the needle and slide to move smoothly. Idk if the block warped after i pulled the bolts out to clean everything up. The slide and needle move freely until I tighten the screws down.
Then it gets stuck. I am trying to find a shop manual that has part # in case u need to order a new block.

Welcome!
Something isn’t right. I don’t think the carb is warped but something didn’t go together right.

That is weird.
Is there anything stuck under the cap that shouldn't be there and is gripping the cable maybe?
And where does it get stuck? low throttle, wide open?

Last edited:
I will take pictures when I get off work today but the needle is kinda catching the sides of this circled. Even with the old hardware. I thinking the jet block slightly warped relieving the pressure off the screws taking it off. But it slides smooth until low throttle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180124-092502.png
    Screenshot_20180124-092502.png
    492.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the replies guys. This is my first dirt bike and im pretty mechanically inclined from fixing aircraft and parts but bikes are a new thing I'm learning. YouTube has been my friend lately but not much is on this carb.

Turns out I was right, the jet block isn't sitting right for whatever reason. I have to pretty much line the bottom up and not the screw holes then on screw might go in slightly crooked till it tightens down all the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180124-123958.jpg
    Screenshot_20180124-123958.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 10
Wow. Cool.
I'll add that to my list of known problems to look for. Thanks for finding it!
I have to pretty much line the bottom up and not the screw holes then on screw might go in slightly crooked till it tightens down all the way.
So its fixed?

Wow. Cool.
I'll add that to my list of known problems to look for. Thanks for finding it!

So its fixed?

I haven't thrown the carb back on the bike but the original problem so far is good to go. Hopefully it doesn't mess up again from vibrations etc. I'll know when my throttle Is stuck in the closed position