250 03 kx250 Exhaust

I have an 03 KX250, it seems like my exhaust header pipe (chamber) is very loose at the connection with the muffler (where the rubber coupler attaches the two parts) The silencer only slides into the chamber about an 1/8" This seems very wrong to me. The mount on the frame for the end of the chamber (mount by the rear shock) broke off, I since welded a tab and got the mount back on. but even with the mount is does not line up, I have a FMF gnarly chamber on it and I know this is the model specific one cause I personally bought it. I was wondering if maybe the silencer was incorrect for the bike. I bought it used and noticed the silencer was connected with safety wire, like what you use on you bar grips :picard: I bolted the silencer back to the subframe like its supposed to be. and I am having all sorts of alignment issues. There is a Pro Circuit silencer on it, and I think that is stock maybe :noidea: anybody have any insights on this?? Its really pissing me off:banghead:

I have an 03 KX250, it seems like my exhaust header pipe (chamber) is very loose at the connection with the muffler (where the rubber coupler attaches the two parts) The silencer only slides into the chamber about an 1/8" This seems very wrong to me. The mount on the frame for the end of the chamber (mount by the rear shock) broke off, I since welded a tab and got the mount back on. but even with the mount is does not line up, I have a FMF gnarly chamber on it and I know this is the model specific one cause I personally bought it. I was wondering if maybe the silencer was incorrect for the bike. I bought it used and noticed the silencer was connected with safety wire, like what you use on you bar grips :picard: I bolted the silencer back to the subframe like its supposed to be. and I am having all sorts of alignment issues. There is a Pro Circuit silencer on it, and I think that is stock maybe :noidea: anybody have any insights on this?? Its really pissing me off:banghead:
I don't think stock is pro circuit. I could be wrong but looking up the OEM part it doesn't state that it is a Pro Circuit.

I don't think stock is pro circuit. I could be wrong but looking up the OEM part it doesn't state that it is a Pro Circuit.
I think you may be right Jax, I think the stock cap on the silencer is black and the one I have is a grey/gun metal color. Plus I cant see a bike from the factory coming with an aftermarket exhaust, especially in 2003, maybe some bikes today but not then haha. Also there is a gnarly bend in the tube coming out of the can (the small pipe that goes to the coupler) The sticker is pretty peeled off from abuse but I think its one of those R304 silencers :noidea: I know for sure its Pro Circuit because its stamped on the bottom of it.

X001-Y018.jpg

this is the silencer that's on my kx250. I don't believe its the right one because of the mounts, both mounts are the same size of the rear mount. The one at the tip of the silencer is not raised up and tall like this one. That's why im thinking its not meant for my bike model. I think it was a bastard silencer that someone mangled together. Some people :picard:

Hey what did you come up with?

A close buddy here recently purchased '04 kx250 and looking for exhaust too so I searched here, you both I think can get the same unit. That Pro circuit doesn't really right as I check this on 4WheelOnline with very different mount:
http://4wheelonline.com/fmf-racing-mx-kawasaki-kx250-silencer-dirt-bike.215785.758235.-1
FMFR-022023.jpg

We suppose this is correct. What did you got?
I went with the FMF powercore 2. I love it. Very great silencer. Very happy with it

fits correct to the subframe and construction is solid. great fitment with my FMF gnarly pipe as well. had to do some slight rejetting (they needle clip position mainly) but that's too be expected when making exhaust changes. and its made out of metal, be plus with me. Im not too fond of that aluminum crap