Pro January 19 Supercross Moving from Dodger Stadium to Anaheim

James

Staff member
Monster Energy Supercross Moving from Dodger Stadium
January 19 Race Moved to Angel Stadium in Anaheim

AURORA, Ill. (November 30, 2012) – Feld Motor Sports® announced today that due to the improvements that the Los Angeles Dodgers intend to make to Dodger Stadium during the offseason, the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, race that was originally scheduled to be held at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on January 19, 2013 has been moved to Angel Stadium of Anaheim, in Anaheim, California. In addition, the Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam® event, which was scheduled for February 16,, 2013 at Dodger Stadium, has been cancelled.

“Our expectation is to be underway with enhancements to Dodger Stadium in preparation for the 2013 baseball season during the time these events are scheduled,” said Bob Wolfe, Executive Vice President of the Dodgers. “In order to avoid any possible impact on the January 19 Monster Energy Supercross race and the February 16Monster Jam event, we, along with Feld Motor Sports, came to the decision that it would be best to have the event moved to another location on January 19.”

“We are working diligently to make the change from Dodger Stadium to Angel Stadium for the Jan 19Monster Energy Supercross race seamless for the teams, sponsors, and most importantly the fans,” said Ken Hudgens, Chief Operating Office, Feld Motor Sports. “The collective effort between the Monster Energy Supercross staff, Dodger Stadium staff, and Angel Stadium staff to make this venue change has been very positive.”

Refunds to the two Dodger Stadium motorsports events can be obtained at the point of purchase. Tickets for the January 19 Monster Energy Supercross race at Angel Stadium of Anaheim will go on-sale Friday, December 7 at 10am PST.
Just an FYI. If I remember right a few of you were going to the Dodger stadium SX.

This is messed up. I got great seats at dodger stadium and it is closer to the house. Now I have to refund my money and bank in getting good seats at Angel stadium? Supercross blows. I think I will skip this round now. Booooo

James

Staff member
This is messed up. I got great seats at dodger stadium and it is closer to the house. Now I have to refund my money and bank in getting good seats at Angel stadium? Supercross blows. I think I will skip this round now. Booooo
Yeah I can imagine a bunch of ticked off people over this.

Yeah I can imagine a bunch of ticked off people over this.
I bet. Now I need to contact ticket master and see about a refund. Oh well, I'll be in AZ the weekend before. Maybe I'll just go riding this day instead.

Well I just called Ticketmaster and they do not have word on this event being canceled or moved, so I can not get a full refund yet. :foul:

Guess I will check back in a day or two. I see AMA has it changed on their site already and state that tickets go on sale Dec 7th. for Anaheim.

James

Staff member
Well I just called Ticketmaster and they do not have word on this event being canceled or moved, so I can not get a full refund yet. :foul:

Guess I will check back in a day or two. I see AMA has it changed on their site already and state that tickets go on sale Dec 7th. for Anaheim.
Worse case I'd buy the Anaheim tickets even if you don't get your refund on the others right away.

Worse case I'd buy the Anaheim tickets even if you don't get your refund on the others right away.
Not going to Anaheim. Since they canceled Dodger Stadium, I am not going now. I'll save the money and put towards my DS fund.

I don't understand all this. I look at the schedule and it shows they have 2 races on the same day at different times then more races a month later. Is this correct or am I messed up? :noidea: I am thinking of getting some tickets and taking my boy but not sure what are good seats and wtf I am doing.

I don't understand all this. I look at the schedule and it shows they have 2 races on the same day at different times then more races a month later. Is this correct or am I messed up? :noidea: I am thinking of getting some tickets and taking my boy but not sure what are good seats and wtf I am doing.
Here is the schedule:

EVENTREGIONLOCATIONSHOW DATESEVENT INFO
Anaheim, CA 01.05.2013
Phoenix, AZ 01.12.2013
Anaheim, CA 01.19.2013
Oakland, CA 01.26.2013
Anaheim, CA 02.02.2013
San Diego, CA 02.09.2013
Arlington, TX 02.16.2013
Atlanta, GA 02.23.2013
St. Louis, MO 03.02.2013
Daytona, FL 03.09.2013
Indianapolis, IN 03.16.2013
Toronto, ON 03.23.2013
Houston, TX 04.06.2013
Minneapolis, MN 04.13.2013
Seattle, WA 04.20.2013
Salt Lake City, UT 04.27.2013
Las Vegas, NV 05.04.2013

Here is the schedule:

EVENTREGIONLOCATIONSHOW DATESEVENT INFO
Anaheim, CA 01.05.2013
Phoenix, AZ 01.12.2013
Anaheim, CA 01.19.2013
Oakland, CA 01.26.2013
Anaheim, CA 02.02.2013
San Diego, CA 02.09.2013
Arlington, TX 02.16.2013
Atlanta, GA 02.23.2013
St. Louis, MO 03.02.2013
Daytona, FL 03.09.2013
Indianapolis, IN 03.16.2013
Toronto, ON 03.23.2013
Houston, TX 04.06.2013
Minneapolis, MN 04.13.2013
Seattle, WA 04.20.2013
Salt Lake City, UT 04.27.2013
Las Vegas, NV 05.04.2013
So there are 3 separate races here in a months time. Weird. :banghead: Any good seat reccomendations?