250F Yz250f Hard To Start?

Having another issue with my junky bike. I recently had it worked on (about 2 months ago) where i complained that it was incredibly hard to start. They checked it and told me I had basically 0 compression, and then replaced the 3 crappy intake valves with 3 used ones that worked (according to the work order, i dont even know how many valves these bikes have) and it then started easily. Now, its doing it again. I can turn the engine over with my hand with minimal strength...is that normal? It seems like it no longer takes any strength to turn it over when kicking it. i cant pay 900 dollars again to have them do a few hours of work. It royally pisses me off that I spent that much cash and it is now having the same problem just 2 months later. What is wrong with it and what do I need to do?

X2 When a modern 4stroke is having trouble starting. Thats my first guess before anything else comes to mind.

Nine times out of ten, that is the culprit. With the whole "Used intakes he put in story", that's the first thing I would check.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Check the valve clearances. There are videos on you tube for your exact bike on the procedure. Easy and will save you big money. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Check the valve clearances. There are videos on you tube for your exact bike on the procedure. Easy and will save you big money. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I heard from the guy that serviced the bike that the valve seats were slightly worn. Besides shimming and valve clearances, what else would need to be done to replace the seats? Or the valves themselves? Or can I just cut them? I saw no vids on youtube about that...pretty confused.

:cheersmate:
These are good and all, and I definitely shouldn't have a problem checking my valve clearances and shimming them, lol. But none of them show me how to take out the valve or fix/replace a valve seat. I have a feeling I'm going to need to do one of those things after measuring because of the bike's issues. I guess maybe the manual would who me how, because other than that I can't find any videos on it.

I heard from the guy that serviced the bike that the valve seats were slightly worn. Besides shimming and valve clearances, what else would need to be done to replace the seats? Or the valves themselves? Or can I just cut them? I saw no vids on youtube about that...pretty confused.

just send the head out... you are bound to have a yammi (non dealer) snow machine shop in Ak.... They'll be able to fix the head for you no problem or a shop that specializes in building fast machines as well, they know exactly what to look for and would probably be cheaper.