What do you use to secure your grips?

What do you use to secure your grips?

• Total voters
Some guy on TT used spray paint, a little moisture got in there and the grips slipped off and he crashed hard. :prof:
Probably did not put enough in the grip and make sure it covered all over. Two scooters just came back from riding in the forest with water, soaked gloves and wet grips. No slippage at all. Only used Spray Paint for install and nothing else....:thumb:

Probably did not put enough in the grip and make sure it covered all over. Two scooters just came back from riding in the forest with water, soaked gloves and wet grips. No slippage at all. Only used Spray Paint for install and nothing else....:thumb:

what brand spray paint do you use?

is Crylon better then dutch boy ? flat or glossy? does it matter?

James

Staff member
Oh man looking at James bike makes me laugh. I don't remember when my grips, clutch handles etc looked that nice. :lol:
:noidea: I guess I'm just pretty meticulous when it comes to my bike, I like having everything in tip-top shape. :thumb:

Can you tell that she's an 05?

DSCN1043.jpg

:noidea: I guess I'm just pretty meticulous when it comes to my bike, I like having everything in tip-top shape. :thumb:

Can you tell that she's an 05?

View attachment 3011

Is this before of after you laid her over in that corner? :P

She's a beaut James!
I used to spend all day cleaning my bike, but that died off after I crashed her a few times. My Dad used to tell me, "Hell, if you rode that thing half as much as you cleaned it, you might be half good." :cry: :smirk:

I use one inch two-way masking tape. I just apply the tape to the bar in a spiral format. Then using Rosenal lighter fluid, the stuff you use for your ZIPPO lighter. I lube the inside of the grip. Pour the excess over the tape and slide the grip on. The first time you try I this use a liberal amount of solution. It takes longer to dry but you don't want the grip to stick before you get it all the way on and in position. Stil only takes 20-30 minutes to dry. No wire necessary.

James

Staff member
I use one inch two-way masking tape. I just apply the tape to the bar in a spiral format. Then using Rosenal lighter fluid, the stuff you use for your ZIPPO lighter. I lube the inside of the grip. Pour the excess over the tape and slide the grip on. The first time you try I this use a liberal amount of solution. It takes longer to dry but you don't want the grip to stick before you get it all the way on and in position. Stil only takes 20-30 minutes to dry. No wire necessary.
:thinking: Interesting, never heard of that idea. :thumb:

BTW welcome to DBA.