What do you use to secure your grips?

What do you use to secure your grips?

• Total voters

James

Staff member
James... i got the tusk saftey wire... its a pretty small guage .8mm
I don't remember what gauge mine is (took it out of the packaging), but I'm thinking it's between 20-24 gauge. It's just plain ole wire that I got at the local hardware, not a specialty grip wire.

I don't remember what gauge mine is (took it out of the packaging), but I'm thinking it's between 20-24 gauge. It's just plain ole wire that I got at the local hardware, not a specialty grip wire.
i honestly think there was something wrong with the grip from the get go. after everything else failed that pro taper stuff is working great tho.

I did use grip glue AND wire but I misswired them causing it to poke thru my gloves...I've since put new grips on with hair spray and no wire...all's good so far! :ride: :thumb:

I tried the hair spray and it did nothing for me. The last time I used rustoleum spray paint and it seems to work great. I also used a safety wire just because I wanted to try it out. I have done the same thing on my kids bike and they all are holding fine. I can not see spending the money on that grip glue they sell. I used Gorilla Glue on something else once before and it works fine but it is a fricken mess if you are not careful.

Yep I witnessed that one, you still had Helmet hair after the hair spray incident. :lol:

SRAD97750

Staff member
No need for grips, I just wrap electrical tape around the throttle tube and left side bar. Sometimes i put some foam under the tape. Works for me... :noidea:

post-19944-0-67823200-1302376203_thumb.jpg

ericluna.jpeg

-BIG DAN:thumb:

No need for grips, I just wrap electrical tape around the throttle tube and left side bar. Sometimes i put some foam under the tape. Works for me... :noidea:

post-19944-0-67823200-1302376203_thumb.jpg

ericluna.jpeg

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Damn, I thought that I was a cheap bastard. I can say that I've done that in a pinch, but I've replaced it with a set of $5 grips.

SRAD97750

Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It would get all sorts of black adhesive goo on your gloves.... GROSS

I love my half waffles from Scott. They have never given me any slip or twist until extremely worn out. I replace my grips pretty often.
I've tried the Full waffle, but they hurt my palms after a long ride. $7 bucks a set, I'm a happy... BIG DAN:thumb:

i'v never changed grips :noidea: but my first quad had factory grips and they dont move, my other quad the grips are just pushe on and dont move, my crf80 has full waffles that are pretty warn but they're hard to move and my rm has pro taper pillow tops that i think were put on with grip glue all i know is it has some extra dried up glue stuff that ran down the grip but my pro taper bars have this dimond stuff wherethe grips oe so i think that hold them on mostly i have had my left grip off as i did break the glue fairly easy but it still holds...