tire question

how about this one? I recently bought a set of Sedona's online and had a local shop put them on. They couldn't get the front to seat right. Told me to take it home and let it sit in the warmth of my home and it should pop on out. so I did...week later the tire was flat. So I took it back and said "hey, the tire is flat, can you take a look at it?" well today I got a call to come pick up my tire. I got there and they told me the tire rep happened to be in the shop today and said I could send it back in they would warranty it but since I didn't buy if from the shop they couldn't do anything about it there. Well, he already remounted the tire with a new tube and said since I pinched the tube he would not work on it any more. I said what? I didn't pinch the tube, I haven't touch the tire. He went on accusing me saying there was tire spoon marks and they tube had pinch marks the rim had scratches blah blah blah. I said :finger: I have not touched it. He basically told me to take my rim and tire and go pound sand. I just wrote a BBB review for the fucker. I have been going to that shop for years and have spent $1000's there between all that parts, oil, motor work and he treats me like that over a $20 tube. :foul:

BK, BD, you can move this shit rant thread if you want. IDK

Funny things tires. Lots of flat trackers that rode certain tracks back in the 60's and 70's will recall the lengths we went to in order to get fresh tires. After we had them home we put them on the roof of the garage for a few days a side to "bake" them.

Funny things tires. Lots of flat trackers that rode certain tracks back in the 60's and 70's will recall the lengths we went to in order to get fresh tires. After we had them home we put them on the roof of the garage for a few days a side to "bake" them.

I still do that in summer, if its winter I put them in the shop in front of the heater for a couple hours a side. Tire to remove and tire to mount.

yeah, that was a side benefit. the baking was to do something most didnt want to do, and that was make the tread stiffer. for clay tracks that you race on at night, where the moisture comes up it was kind of the west coast secret. the tread stayed open, the weight forced the tread into the soft moist top layer and got a noticeable bit increase on what was undernearth. sounded crazy, but it worked.

yeah, that was a side benefit. the baking was to do something most didnt want to do, and that was make the tread stiffer. for clay tracks that you race on at night, where the moisture comes up it was kind of the west coast secret. the tread stayed open, the weight forced the tread into the soft moist top layer and got a noticeable bit increase on what was undernearth. sounded crazy, but it worked.

image.jpg

how about this one? I recently bought a set of Sedona's online and had a local shop put them on. They couldn't get the front to seat right. Told me to take it home and let it sit in the warmth of my home and it should pop on out. so I did...week later the tire was flat. So I took it back and said "hey, the tire is flat, can you take a look at it?" well today I got a call to come pick up my tire. I got there and they told me the tire rep happened to be in the shop today and said I could send it back in they would warranty it but since I didn't buy if from the shop they couldn't do anything about it there. Well, he already remounted the tire with a new tube and said since I pinched the tube he would not work on it any more. I said what? I didn't pinch the tube, I haven't touch the tire. He went on accusing me saying there was tire spoon marks and they tube had pinch marks the rim had scratches blah blah blah. I said :finger: I have not touched it. He basically told me to take my rim and tire and go pound sand. I just wrote a BBB review for the fucker. I have been going to that shop for years and have spent $1000's there between all that parts, oil, motor work and he treats me like that over a $20 tube. :foul:

BK, BD, you can move this shit rant thread if you want. IDK

What a dick

You should start a thread on tire codes so all of us nonconforming members will be "in the know". :thumb:
I'll leave that to someone else.

But for you my friend, there will be 4 numbers in a group on the tire somewhere. No letters, only numbers, the first four are the week number of the year it was made, and the second will be the year itself. So the code on the tire I just mounted was made in the 24th week, on 2014.:thumb:

bh stuff 003.jpg

But for you my friend, there will be 4 numbers in a group on the tire somewhere. No letters, only numbers, the first four are the week number of the year it was made, and the second will be the year itself. So the code on the tire I just mounted was made in the 24th week, on 2014.:thumb:

View attachment 25290

That's good info. Have some roost/gas/!

You should start a thread on tire codes so all of us nonconforming members will be "in the know". :thumb:
its fairly simple, all you need to really worry about as far as sickle tires is the last 4, first 2 are the week and the l

View attachment 25290
beat me to it

I once ruined a maxxis desert it in only 68 miles :smirk:

I ordered a mx71 as a replacement since I got it for a good price, have not had a set of dunlops in a while