Taking Dirt Bikes to Mexico

hey what's up guys? I have a quick question, I'm from Southern California and I'm thinking of taking my bikes down to Mexico this coming summer. Does anyone know what paperwork does the border check for? Registration?? Title?? I want to make sure I bring all the paperwork I need for them to check. Thanx in advance guys

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome! Post up some photos of your bikes and of this upcoming trip!!!
I would probably take the registration and an ID with the same address/name.
I don't recommend putting the title and the bike in the same place at the same time, ever. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Yeah that's what I thought. Someone told me they might check for the title but I was wondering why would they when they can just check your registration. Thanks man

The story I get is that you have more trouble getting them back in to calif when returning. if you want a full rundown head over to allthingsmoto.com and look up a subscriber that goes by Mainjet. He has done it more time and with more vehicles than anyone that I know has.

Well, take into account that I've always had baja dreams.
I would NOT be looking at going on mexico dirt bike adventures at the moment, its a dangerous place, and I'm not talking about ending up ass over heels in a cactus patch.

Baja has always been a place where you are taking some chances just traveling there, and you can be at the whim of local law enforcement in a big hurry. Go in as large a group as you can and think twice before you do anything that you can imagine might offend them. Check with your insurance company as well.

Trip will be planned in the near future. Lost a good friend and when it warms up, we will plan a trip to Mikes Sky Ranch to spread some ashes.
image.png
RIP Chuck!