Other SUZUKI 110 GEAR PROBLEM

And actually the bike won't move when the spark plug is out

Ok, the way to isolate this problem is to eliminate different systems. Remove the chain then determine if the issue is in the rear wheel assembly or forward. Pull the side cover and remove the gear that connects the crank shaft to the transmission, then you can determine if the problem is in the crankshaft/top end or not if the engine turns over or not with a wrench on the crankshaft bolt, if it does then the problem is in the transmission. The bike is not in front of me and the advice I give you is only as good as the description of the problem you have, which seems kinda vague. So I have given you a systematic procedure to keep you busy.

How much play have you got in the chain? Enough to let the gearbox change with a siezed rear brake?? Take the chain off and try again
The back tire moves fine with the chain off. Whenever I click the shifter into neutral and try to kicks start it the bike goes right back to 3rd gear, then when I try to kickstart the bike jumps forwards.

Ok, the way to isolate this problem is to eliminate different systems. Remove the chain then determine if the issue is in the rear wheel assembly or forward. Pull the side cover and remove the gear that connects the crank shaft to the transmission, then you can determine if the problem is in the crankshaft/top end or not if the engine turns over or not with a wrench on the crankshaft bolt, if it does then the problem is in the transmission. The bike is not in front of me and the advice I give you is only as good as the description of the problem you have, which seems kinda vague. So I have given you a systematic procedure to keep you busy.
The sprocket that moves the chain is also locked up the front sprocket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 7
The sprocket that moves the chain is also locked up the front sprocket

So.....if I had been told that it does go into neutral and when you try to start it it jumps into gear, we could have saved ourselves a lot of time. It's interesting how people commonly will give the minimal amount of information when asking for help expecting us somehow know what the problem is, that being said......Pull the clutch side cover off and see what's going on, I had a problem with one of my bikes similar to this, it would start shifting on its own as soon as it started moving, and it was a couple of screws that backed out allowing the thrust plate for the shifter mechanism to become loose, it may not be that but there is somthing going on inside there, and my guess is it's behind that cover.

So.....if I had been told that it does go into neutral and when you try to start it it jumps into gear, we could have saved ourselves a lot of time. It's interesting how people commonly will give the minimal amount of information when asking for help expecting us somehow know what the problem is, that being said......Pull the clutch side cover off and see what's going on, I had a problem with one of my bikes similar to this, it would start shifting on its own as soon as it started moving, and it was a couple of screws that backed out allowing the thrust plate for the shifter mechanism to become loose, it may not be that but there is somthing going on inside there, and my guess is it's behind that cover.
This side???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4
what??