Other SUZUKI 110 GEAR PROBLEM

I have a Suzuki 110 with 4 gears and out on clutch. Dirtbike sat for the winter and the Back tire is locked up and the bike will not go into neutral! The bike won't even roll while holding clutch! What May the problem be??

So when you put the bike up for the winter, did it start run and go thru the gears properly? Was it stored outside? Have you checked the brake to see if it's seized? By the way I am assuming this is a DRZ which should have drum brakes, I'd probably start there first.

Stored in an out door garage and yes everything worked properly I have not checked the brake. I don't think it is the brake because the bike won't go into nuetral causing the back tire to become unable to move. But I am also confused because when I pull the clutch the wheel is still locked up

Stored in an outdoor Garage and yes everything worked properly. I have not checked the brake! I don't think it is the brake because the bike won't go into neutral causing the bikes back tire to lock in place. But I am confused because even when I pull the clutch the tire won't move. And yes a DRZ

Stored in an out door garage and yes everything worked properly I have not checked the brake. I don't think it is the brake because the bike won't go into nuetral causing the back tire to become unable to move. But I am also confused because when I pull the clutch the wheel is still locked up

Are you sure it won't go into neutral? the bike won't kick over either with the clutch held in? Even if the bike is in gear the wheel will move with resistance but it will move. Try removing the chain and see if the rear wheel moves then.

Positive it won't go into neutral when I try to kickstart the bike the
Are you sure it won't go into neutral? the bike won't kick over either with the clutch held in? Even if the bike is in gear the wheel will move with resistance but it will move. Try removing the chain and see if the rear wheel moves then.
Positive the bike won't go into neutral.. The reason I know this is because when I try and kickstart the bike it jumps forward and I am going to try that tomorrow morning

do you know why it wouldn't go into neutral

Positive it won't go into neutral when I try to kickstart the bike the

Positive the bike won't go into neutral.. The reason I know this is because when I try and kickstart the bike it jumps forward and I am going to try that tomorrow morning

Based on the fact that the bike jumps forward when you kick it tells me you may have an internal issue. But check all the stuff externally first, including shifter adjustment. It's difficult to imagine something locked up inside during storage unless somehow water got inside the case over the winter.

Based on the fact that the bike jumps forward when you kick it tells me you may have an internal issue. But check all the stuff externally first, including shifter adjustment. It's difficult to imagine something locked up inside during storage unless somehow water got inside the case over the winter.
If water dos get into the case what is the fix for that? I did have to run my bike into the garage from a blizzard going through a 2 feet of snow

If water dos get into the case what is the fix for that? I did have to run my bike into the garage from a blizzard going through a 2 feet of snow

If water does get in the case it could rust the bearings to the shafts. Just drain the oil and that will solve that mystery.

nothing external is wrong. Shifter is shifting all the way down and then it starts to jerk forwards

Ok so I just realized the DRZ 110 has an automatic clutch, so you obviously have a different bike, what year and model is it?

Regardless of what bike it is let's try this, so I can get a better picture of what we're dealing with. Pull the spark plug, put bike on a stand and spin rear wheel, no matter if it's in gear or not you should be able to spin engine over now as there is now no compression . Then while doing this try to shift and see if the speed of which the engine turns increases. If you can do all this and you can count all the gears as theybut still cannot get it into neutral then you'll have to start digging in, start by looking at a bent shift shaft and go from there. As far as the clutch not operating properly maybe the clutch plates are sticking together, I like to pull the clutch cover and operate the clutch lever while watching the clutch assembly. The pressure plate should move out smoothly and the plates should free up when this happens.

Ok so I just realized the DRZ 110 has an automatic clutch, so you obviously have a different bike, what year and model is it? It is a drz with a built in clutch The bike wheel moves freely when I pull the spark plug. My back goes into nuetral and then when I moe the bike it goes into 3rd gear

Regardless of what bike it is let's try this, so I can get a better picture of what we're dealing with. Pull the spark plug, put bike on a stand and spin rear wheel, no matter if it's in gear or not you should be able to spin engine over now as there is now no compression . Then while doing this try to shift and see if the speed of which the engine turns increases. If you can do all this and you can count all the gears as theybut still cannot get it into neutral then you'll have to start digging in, start by looking at a bent shift shaft and go from there. As far as the clutch not operating properly maybe the clutch plates are sticking together, I like to pull the clutch cover and operate the clutch lever while watching the clutch assembly. The pressure plate should move out smoothly and the plates should free up when this happens.

Ok so I just realized the DRZ 110 has an automatic clutch, so you obviously have a different bike, what year and model is it?

And actually the bike won't move when the spark plug is out