New to dirt bikes and new project bike

hey! I'm will and I'm 16 from Alabama. I just got a great deal on a 1996 Suzuki DS80. I paid only $80 for it and it was delivered to my house! The bike is in great shape and it looks beautiful. Only problem is it won't crank. It still has compression in the kick but it won't crank. I'm currently working on it so I might need some help but hopefully I'll get it running by next week.

hey! I'm will and I'm 16 from Alabama. I just got a great deal on a 1996 Suzuki DS80. I paid only $80 for it and it was delivered to my house! The bike is in great shape and it looks beautiful. Only problem is it won't crank. It still has compression in the kick but it won't crank. I'm currently working on it so I might need some help but hopefully I'll get it running by next week.

Welcome.....so you say it has compression when kicked but it doesn't crank? Whadya mean by that?

Welcome to DBA!!!

You have two good guys that have posted in this thread to help you with mechanical issues. Post some pics of the bike now and as you tear it apart and put it back together.

As you can see its in great shape so I hope it will be running very soon. I'm going to figure out why it won't crank this afternoon and I'll post a thread to help me with my build.

Welcome you will find the right help two really good guys already started posting if I was as good I would help but I'm a noob