New guy looking for bike advice

Good luck! Give it a good look over from all angles. I like to sit down and look at it from the ground. I laid on the ground while it was pouring rain when I bought the blackbird. I want to see it from all sides.

Remember, if you see it on CL for longer than a week, it's not the "going rate." The "going rate" SELLS and won't be online anymore, as it's "gone." -BIG DAN:thumb:

Gee Dan, should I drop the price on my YZ 125 and TE 450? They have been on CL for over a month. Not going to happen!
Going to try to go over it as best as I can. Having my dad come, he grew up on 2 strokes and is a mechanic so think he should be able to be more picky about it. Guy sounds like he doesn't want to move much since he said he just had the bike in the shop on December and had the engine rebuilt.
Will see what happens, $2000+ seems to be the going rate around here

Have him show you shop reciepts and work done.

Last fall I bought an unraced, adult ridden, well maintained 2002 for 1500. I have noticed that lots of places seem to at least be advertising higher prices than what we see up here. Usually the ones I find up here have a lot less riding time on them.

Will see, feel like if I don't get this one I probably won't end up with a bike this summer. Not many 2 strokes with the title under $2500 in this area going up for sale.

Send me 2495 and I'll ship it to you.

BTW 3 more tire kickers in the last three days. And one little ass hole that called me rude. Hey, your the little dick that said, would you take 1,100 for it. I swear, I'm going to give the next dick like that a goose chase and tell him yes, come see it I live in Apple Valley.

Last edited:
Well, excellent condition is open to iinterpretation.

Needs , new tires for sure
Rear sprocket looks pretty worn
chain guide missing hardware
plastics broken all over
frame paint really worn out and rusted
clutch lever was pretty dang loose

prossible issues but not sure, we put the bike on a stand and you can move the swing arm out and down pretty easy, can clank it up and down.

Front suspension was good, seals were good, engine fired on the first kick and wasnt run before.

SO idk if im going for it, no way in hell is $2000 an option, if I bought it im thinking $1400 or less, most likely will keep looking.

Well, excellent condition is open to iinterpretation.

Needs , new tires for sure
Rear sprocket looks pretty worn
chain guide missing hardware
plastics broken all over
frame paint really worn out and rusted
clutch lever was pretty dang loose

prossible issues but not sure, we put the bike on a stand and you can move the swing arm out and down pretty easy, can clank it up and down.

Front suspension was good, seals were good, engine fired on the first kick and wasnt run before.

SO idk if im going for it, no way in hell is $2000 an option, if I bought it im thinking $1400 or less, most likely will keep looking.

Suspension bearings alone are a couple bills, by the time you throw sprockets rubber and plastic in there 1400$ would be a very generous offer. If I were you I'd probably pass on this poor old unkept bike.

Yeah, also wasn't sure on the rear suspension, was very easy to push it down and dropped a ton when on it, might just need to be adjusted but think it might need more in the end.

Other thing that annoys me is it was dirty, dried mud all over. If you are selling something and know someone is coming, clean the dang thing

So, probably wait and up my budget a little more

Surprises the hell out of me the SHIT that people try to off as well kept bike. I mean really, are you F-ing crazy? Your bike is a piece of crap that is not worth 1/2 of what you are asking. If so, I guess my resto's are worth new bike price.