New guy looking for bike advice

that comes with various degrees of difficulty. some places like here they make you put a bond on the vehicle for it's value in case an owner comes forward to claim it (with title etc from elsewhere). but you have a really good leverage to get it for less.

03 kx250 - $2500

Bike looks nice from the pics, guy doesnt have a title but has the bill of sale, said he doesnt believe NYS issued titles on dirtbikes in 03 and after some reading he might be right.

SO idk, might give this one and look and have the vin number ran.

03 kx250 - $2500

Bike looks nice from the pics, guy doesnt have a title but has the bill of sale, said he doesnt believe NYS issued titles on dirtbikes in 03 and after some reading he might be right.

SO idk, might give this one and look and have the vin number ran.

It should be a certificate of origin. A bill of sale will work as well. It's a good bike

Wouldn't care if I didn't have to register it in ny. Think if it has been registered in the past I could take the vin number and have the DMV run the bike to see if it's clean and go that route to register it

You can also check the website to see if it's in the system and how much to get it registered. I was looking at a 1970 CT90 for a beer runner in AZ. Guy lost title, not registered since 2007. I plugged in the vin/lic number and it was 612.00 to register it and get a loss of pink. Guy wants 500.00, for 1,100 it's not worth it. But if he found the pink, I could take it to ADOT in AZ and the back fees wouldn't matter. So, 500.00 + about 50 to reg in AZ and that would be worth it.

for me it is hands down the choice over the kawasaki. stock they are close enough, but the yz has so much more you can do with it. one of those things you keep for a long time too.

yeah, yz was what i was looking at to begin with, this guy is really close and has the title which makes the deal sweeter. Going to set a time to check it out.

Thoughts on price? said there is some wiggle room.

Right, I'm going Friday to see it, price wise it's cheaper then most around the same year. Thinking $1800 would be doable

I just picked that one up for 1,600. OTD, with 400.00 on paper so no BS tax at 1600.

Pros:
Bike has no dings on rims
Bike is solid
Not molested
Runs great
Shifts smooth
Plastics are in great shape
Radiators are strait
Excellent brake system (rotors, pads, etc.)

Cons:
wrong bolts
broken front exhaust mount
dented chamber
leaking fork seals
tires
drive

Still going to:
PC frame and clutch cover
go through the whole engine
top end for sure
main bearings
all seals
do a full restoration
WR transmission
Daughter will probably take it off my hands

Going to try to go over it as best as I can. Having my dad come, he grew up on 2 strokes and is a mechanic so think he should be able to be more picky about it. Guy sounds like he doesn't want to move much since he said he just had the bike in the shop on December and had the engine rebuilt.
Will see what happens, $2000+ seems to be the going rate around here

SRAD97750

Staff member
Good luck! Give it a good look over from all angles. I like to sit down and look at it from the ground. I laid on the ground while it was pouring rain when I bought the blackbird. I want to see it from all sides.
Will see what happens, $2000+ seems to be the going rate around here

Remember, if you see it on CL for longer than a week, it's not the "going rate." The "going rate" SELLS and won't be online anymore, as it's "gone." -BIG DAN:thumb: