New from CA

@Mihylo33 I grew up and mostly rode in Maine. I spent some time in DE and NY as well before making my way to CA.

@ossagp probably trails and desert for the most part.. so far I like the 14/50 sprocket setup it doesn't have the fastest top speed, but it will get there quickly.

@jackson409 Thanks once YZ Doc gets my precious back together I will get out and make some go pro videos if I get some time during the weekends.

@PALMER84ONE it could have been worse I guess and the bottom end could have went out as well :P

@slowerthanu It is ufo white plastics not sure of the graphics, thanks

@Mihylo33 I grew up and mostly rode in Maine. I spent some time in DE and NY as well before making my way to CA.

@ossagp probably trails and desert for the most part.. so far I like the 14/50 sprocket setup it doesn't have the fastest top speed, but it will get there quickly.

@jackson409 Thanks once YZ Doc gets my precious back together I will get out and make some go pro videos if I get some time during the weekends.

@PALMER84ONE it could have been worse I guess and the bottom end could have went out as well :P

@slowerthanu It is ufo white plastics not sure of the graphics, thanks

Nice thing about a Palmer bike is that he stands behind the fact that it's a reliable build. :thumb:
He may be a cantankerous old man but he is ours.

Welcome to the frey. :wave: You live just east of me (SV). Nice bike Palmer put together for you. He has done a few others for members on here. I used to have an 03 and I liked running 14/46 gearing on that for the dez. You should come out with us on a dez trip to met some other DBA members. :ride:

Welcome to the frey. :wave: You live just east of me (SV). Nice bike Palmer put together for you. He has done a few others for members on here. I used to have an 03 and I liked running 14/46 gearing on that for the dez. You should come out with us on a dez trip to met some other DBA members. :ride:
@CDA that sounds fun I am always down to go riding when the the time is available! Where do you like to ride that is relatively close for a weekend trip?

My friend who I bought it from put that on and I have not changed it. It pulls low gear fine for the faster river bottom stuff we do in the late fall and i think some of that will be open to us now too if we really wanted, flew in and landed on some of the sand and there were open parts a few weeks ago and little to no water anywhere. the engine has been kept up really well, but is due for a top end so i havent put much time on this one yet. The plan is a wr transmission and a rekluse clutch.

I was surprised by how little i needed low gear, even in the woods. i ride lines like i am on one of the overbored 125's and second pulls situations you would not expect.

My friend who I bought it from put that on and I have not changed it. It pulls low gear fine for the faster river bottom stuff we do in the late fall and i think some of that will be open to us now too if we really wanted, flew in and landed on some of the sand and there were open parts a few weeks ago and little to no water anywhere. the engine has been kept up really well, but is due for a top end so i havent put much time on this one yet. The plan is a wr transmission and a rekluse clutch.

I was surprised by how little i needed low gear, even in the woods. i ride lines like i am on one of the overbored 125's and second pulls situations you would not expect.
I bet one of these snowbikes would be great in Alaska
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D1c6W8xbF_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have several friends who have built them. I thought I would like one a little better than I have so far. I am way more motorcycle oriented than snowmobile and I only keep the old Summit that I have because I would just feel like going and buying another one if i didnt have it. 4 years since I took a ride with it that was worthy of it's long track. but the bike is lots more work and you can't just stop and sit on it like it is a bench. though you can do some fantastic rides and side hilling it is pretty hard to beat 140 plus hp too. Of course with that you end up with about 225 lbs more weight. A couple of my friends built aluminum framed cr500's , some put them on 450 and 4 strokes, still one other has a 300 ktm which was on a steel framed cr500 last year. E start is really handy on them. So far the happiest guy is on the ktm 300 and he isnt so steep or so deep as they say as my other friends.

Me, I would way prefer a studded ice bike and do left and rights, but every race in the last 20 years up here has been ovals. It is safer, and still lots and lots of fun.

@CDA that sounds fun I am always down to go riding when the the time is available! Where do you like to ride that is relatively close for a weekend trip?
You are 2 hrs from two great locations (Cal City/Jawbone/Spangler and Barstow/Lucerne/Johnson Valley) that have a variety of riding. My next trek will not be until Feb 20th to Spangler. I am only going for the day, but there will be people out there from Thursday - Sunday I believe. After that, I am hitting Lucerne for a Dez Race the is a fundraiser as well for Kurt Caselli.

You are 2 hrs from two great locations (Cal City/Jawbone/Spangler and Barstow/Lucerne/Johnson Valley) that have a variety of riding. My next trek will not be until Feb 20th to Spangler. I am only going for the day, but there will be people out there from Thursday - Sunday I believe. After that, I am hitting Lucerne for a Dez Race the is a fundraiser as well for Kurt Caselli.

It's actually in Spangler.

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2016/feb/2016_four_aces.jpg

I got to jawbone and bean the first time in the summer of 1969. Way too hot to enjoy. Returned in January with a desert mainstay name Craig Halstead. He lived in antelope valley and had ridden SoCal desert with al mulder on rigid frames. He was 64 that year. I would think the desert would have been destroyed a long time ago if it was going to be.