is 48 too old to learn?

HI All,

Im 48 years old, a female and mother of an 18 yo son and a 14 yo daughter. Just recently and unexpectedly found the best guy on the earth..:) Anyways, he trail rides and has all his life practically. I have always wanted to try it, because it looks like awesome fun.

If anybody, females or males would like to give me some pointers that would be great. I start my first riding lesson tomorrow and am completely and totally and uterally excited about it.

My daughter is also going to try it as well.

I think my bike is a Honda CRF or something like that and a 4 stroke.

Brenda

Nope.
Have fun :)
wear all your safety gear all the time, practice standing on the pegs and looking where you want to go, be ready to use any control at any time, that means fingers on the clutch front brake and feet in the ready position.

know how to ride a bicycle?

if you said yes then its NEVER too late. just take it easy. its gonna feel strange at first but keep at it and get as much seat time as possible. when i got into it i dove in deep... watch Supercross and watch peoples youtube videos. then at my own comfort level i tried to mimic what i see. this place helped me learn a lot of technique as well.

YOU GOT THIS!!!

ps my wife daughter and son all ride... some of our best family moments where out on the trail all together... :bigthumb:

know how to ride a bicycle?

if you said yes then its NEVER too late. just take it easy. its gonna feel strange at first but keep at it and get as much seat time as possible. when i got into it i dove in deep... watch Supercross and watch peoples youtube videos. then at my own comfort level i tried to mimic what i see. this place helped me learn a lot of technique as well.

YOU GOT THIS!!!

ps my wife daughter and son all ride... some of our best family moments where out on the trail all together... :bigthumb:

My boyfriend asked me if i knew how to ride a bike...:) i have been reading up on all i can find, and watching youtube. I'll let you know how i do tomorrow after my first time on the bike.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Last edited:
Awesome Brenda and welcome! That's cool that you going to a riding school. Listen to what they tell you and don't rush it. You well totally enjoy the experience and love the places you can go. I have been riding forever. My wife and two girls all did the bike thing but migrated to quads. My middle girl came back to bikes and rides a 85 2stroke and loves it. My son has been riding for 20 years now. I will be teaching my grandson to ride this year as he will hit 2 years old in a few months.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Oh my god, riding bikes is wonderful. It's the most fun I have done in a long time...my daughter loves it too.I'll post pics in a bit. I love love love it.

Welcome Brenda!!!
Awesome to hear that you had such a wonderful learning experience. I should say welcome to the club of unique enthusiasts!!!
Ride safe! Braaaaap! :ride:

and another one is sentence to a life behind bars :)
handlebar-sweep.jpg

BEHIND BARS FOR LIFE!!!!!!