I need help

Hello. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here... I have been on a dirtbike twice in my life. And crashed like a mad man. ( I was probably 9) but anyways I wanted to get into it, because tomorrow is my 16th birthday and they are making a track for the bikes in the small town I live in.. so my dad said the most he would spend was $1,500 is this possible to get a nice beginner bike for? If so could you leave the name and model of it below? Thanks

Anything for 1500 will most likely in rough shape, for that money you'll find something that will run long enough for you to find everything it'll need, probably in the order of 700- 1000$ extra. Every once in a while you score a deal though, like my daughter picked up a decent KX250 for 1200 bucks. But those deals are hard to find. Feel free to post any potential buys here and we should be able to give you some kind of guidance.

By the way, welcome to DBA Nick

Last edited:
should be able to find an early 00's yz125 for that price, not really the most beginner friendly in terms of right out the gate, but it should teach you how to ride.

Two stroke 200cc or less, would be fine. Just remember to r e s p e c t the throttle. Easy to maintain, cheaper on the wallet. An 04 and older is about that price range.