hy new here and to dirt bike

Also how does high octane gas affect oil ratios. I know it gives more power but what other affects will it have on my engine.

As Dan says. You can reach a point of overkill. You can also buy some fuels which are higher in octane rating than pump gases are that will add power. It doesn't come from the fuel being of a higher octane rating though. Most of them are what is called "oxygenated".

As Dan says. You can reach a point of overkill. You can also buy some fuels which are higher in octane rating than pump gases are that will add power. It doesn't come from the fuel being of a higher octane rating though. Most of them are what is called "oxygenated".
My cuz used to race using avgas ( aviation fuel) 25 years ago and hell yeah it worked well for him with the higher octane rating!

I didnt always appreciate avgas until it got to where you couldnt get decent gas at the pumps anymore where I live. I have always had av gas available, but I had race gas avail too. now the avgas is basically free for me I have learned a little bit better how to jet for it. smells like race gas, and even though the amount of lead is reduced, it works better in my two strokes than the lead free does. i dont get any hp gains since it is not an oxygenated fuel though.