hy new here and to dirt bike

i ran 80 :1 in my RM for a couple years,with amsoil. never had a problem, but i wouldn't recommend it, i was just seeing what would happen.....nothing as it turned out.

Remember that KTM 420 I was bragging up the power band on? My friend had one just like it and ran 80-1 amsoil in it. I ran out of fuel one day and borrowed some of his and since he had been riding the same sand we were going to be on and his had lived two seasons I gave it a shot. Welded up the rod and pin. Looked a lot like my Ossa phantom did when I tried 50-1 belray a few years before. Thus ended my lesson(s) in fusion welding.

Last edited:
Remember that KTM 420 I was bragging up the power band on? My friend had one just like it and ran 80-1 amsoil in it. I ran out of fuel one day and borrowed some of his and since he had ridding the same sand we were going to be on and his had lived two seasons I gave it a shot. Welded up the rod and pin. Looked a lot like my Ossa phantom did when I tried 50-1 beray a few years before. Thus ended my lesson(s) in fusion welding.

I expected mine to do the same, I figured at worst it would be a 450$ experiment, that bike ran like a striped ass ape compared to how it ran on my 40-1 mix....like I said, ran it track and trail for 2 seasons, never had any problems.

Im so pissed since loosing my licence I havnt been able to go for a ride and so fate has it ive just rebuilt my topend and put no more than 5 mins on it back and forth up the street.
ITS KILLING MEEEEE

SRAD97750

Staff member
Also how does high octane gas affect oil ratios. I know it gives more power but what other affects will it have on my engine.
It will not affect oil ratios at all.
'Octane' is merely a rating of the fuel's resistance to detonation.
Basically, how hard is it to pop?
There is no added power in the fuel, it can just allow a more powerful engine to operate properly.
In fact, running a high octane (91+) in a low compression engine (anything below 10:1) is actually hurting the HP figure due to slower flame fronts and unburnt fuel. -BIG DAN:thumb: