Help find bike!

Hey There, Im 5'7" and 120 pounds. I'm looking for a first dirt-bike. I would like a bike that i will be able to grow into to. I was looking at a 2001 Honda XR 250r for $2,800 and it was in good condition could you please tell me if that is a good deal. For suggestions i prefer 4-strokes but don't care about brand.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hey There, Im 5'7" and 120 pounds. I'm looking for a first dirt-bike. I would like a bike that i will be able to grow into to. I was looking at a 2001 Honda XR 250r for $2,800 and it was in good condition could you please tell me if that is a good deal. For suggestions i prefer 4-strokes but don't care about brand.
WELCOME!!!
XRs are awesome bikes that run forever.
Any bike you get, just be sure to check the basics like linkage bearing condition, ease of starting, and leaks.
Good luck and post up photos!! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Welcome to the forum.

First bike 4 stroke, stick with the air cooled hondas, they run forever.

Pricing is all over the place for bikes and area, so stick with what feels good in a test ride and your budget.

As BIG DAN said, check out all the essentials, (rims, spokes, etc. etc.)

Welcome to DBA:wave: as mentioned xr's are great bikes. 2800 for an 01 seems high to me but if it's in great shape go for it. You could also look into the crf 230, they are great starter trail bikes as well and last forever. Electric start too.

Say I got a 96kx 250 make a great first bike but it's prettypowerful1000$ new top end