Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Hi all,
Just started riding again after 30 years because now I have a son who wants to ride. So we picked up a couple used bikes and we're gonna show him the trails and try not to get hurt or die of dehydration in the process.

-Trfsrfr

Welcome...:wave:

I was just in Goodyear, my dad and sister live there. Haven't ridden out there yet though. Enjoy the riding and post pics when you have them.

Hey all,
Sorry for late reply, I am still learning how to use this forum. But I'm loving it's layout/design, it's way better than the others.

I've attached a pic of my sons bike. He's 11, and it's his first.
It's a 1989 Suzuki DS80 that I got for $150.00, rebuilt the carb and it friggin rips.
Yesterday he went from 5th to 1st, and I thought "that's why I only paid $150.00 for this thing". It's the perfect learner, and the clutch was one of the main reasons I bought it.

Then there is my KLX650R which many of you have commented on, and can be seen in this thread;
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/klx-650r-no-start.9298/

It is requiring my best detective skills.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! It's starting to feel kinda like home here...

Attachments

• 100_2601(2).JPG
    100_2601(2).JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 4
Hooo wee! I hope the boy is padded up, that ol zook looks like a sketchy ride! Kind of like the bike I wished I had when I was a kid. :D

Yep, we got him some boots, gloves, helmet, etc.
The 80 is perfect for the 'not-so-little anymore' guy. And way faster than my MR50.
But I once watched him ride a bicycle into the back of a Silverado...
As it all unfolded in slow-mo, I thought, "No, no, he won't hit it.".
Guess what?
He rode his bicycle into the tail-end of a 1500 Silverado..

So it's a trade-off.
He's not a natural, like me (ha!), so the 80 is plenty good right now.

Probably actually, by todays standards, the bike is too small for him physically, but 80cc is his starting point, and I am good with that, cuz it rips, and 50mph is enough for him to get acquainted with speed that will get you hurt, killed, and hopefully get sick of soon enough.