GoPro Hero 3 coming soon?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by James, Aug 21, 2012.

1. James

James DBA Photographer Staff Member

Name:
    James
    :thinking: Looks like all the big companies have the Hero 2 on sale for $249, makes you wonder if a new camera (Hero 3) is coming out soon..... If I remember right the only other time they've ever had a sale was when the Hero 2 came out. :noidea:
    http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ro-2-Motorsports-Camera-with-Free-4GB-SD-Card
    http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/GO-PRO-HD-HERO2-OUTDOOR-EDITION-CAMERA
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/346/42564/ITEM/GoPro-HD-Motorsports-Hero-2.aspx

Update:
    Well the rumors about the new GoPro Hero 3 being released soon might actually have some weight. According to sources the new GoPro Hero 3 is supposed to be available this month and will offer three versions.

White - $199 - "Cheap" camera that will be in chain stores
    Silver - $299 - Motorsports edition which will include built-in WiFi among other new features
    Black - $399 - Limited movie version

The new Hero 3 is also said to be slimmer and have up to 7 hours of battery life.

Update 2:
    We now have our first image and the Official release date/time is 12:01AM PST on October 17, 2012

GoPro-HD-Hero-3.jpg

Couple other mentions:
    • Black edition will have 4k video.
    • New Black edition resolutions/frame rates:
      • 1080p 60fps
      • 1440p 48fps
      • 720p 120fps
    • Silver edition still only has 1080p 30fps and 11mp
    More info will be posted as it becomes available.

Visit GoPro.com for more info.
  2. SRAD97750

SRAD97750 Moderator Staff Member

Name:
    BIGDAN
    Interesting. Sounds like something to watch out for. Wouldn't that just piss everyone with a GoPro2 off?
  3. James

Name:
    James
    :wave: Would piss me off a little. :rant:

However I'd get over it pretty quickly if the "hero 3" has an even sharper lens (better quality). :ride: I've been looking into get a number of them however I think I'll wait until next season, just to be safe.
  4. gettin a job soon if one of these comes out might buy myself one for a Christmas present lol
  5. Travace

Travace

Name:
    Zack Brown
    there was rumors of pro's getting a new one so i wouldnt be surprised one bit.
  6. James

Name:
    James
    Any details on the new specs?
  7. Rack

Rack

Name:
    Rack
    Yes, it will be compatible with the phone and easily upload videos to Facebook. . :prof:
  8. James

Name:
    James
    People upload videos to Facebook?
  9. CDA

CDA

Name:
    CDA
    What is a number of them? You passing them out?
  10. James

Name:
    James
    "Number of them" as in more than one, only to myself. :P
  11. CDA

CDA

Name:
    CDA
    :rolleyes: I would not wear one anyways, so no worries.
    yamadogyz likes this.
  12. James

Name:
    James
    So the online rumor mill has really been churning, there's supposedly a "Hero 3" coming out before year. Rumored to have a 12 MP camera, possibly 4k video, slimmer, and built-in WiFi.

BTW go Google "GoPro Hero 3" and see what website has the second link (right below gopro.com). :lol:
  13. if its got 4k video u can sure bet its going on the Christmas list
  14. James

Name:
    James
    I just don't see how they can cram 4k hardware in that small of a box. The Red cameras shoot 4k.

If anything I could see them market this new one as a professional grade camera that retails for much higher than $300.
  15. PSJBrock

PSJBrock

Name:
    Brock
    I dont think they are gearing up for anything at least I haven't heard anything. AND I KNOW the big retailers cant advertise for less the MSRP or Go Pro will cut them off. Here is what I think is happening. The big Online retailers got popped for doing something they aren't allowed to do as it pertains to the Go PRO camera. So Go Pro cut them off and they can no longer get them anymore from their supplier. HOW DO I KNOW this? I HAVE THE SAME SUPPLIER. And go pro is not afraid to cut anybody off. SO the big retailers are either blowing out the stuff they had in stock to get rid of it OR they are buying from a GO PRO retailer in good standings with go Pro and then discounting them because they can.