clutch problem

Hello i have a 89 cr250 and replaced the clutch cable and the number 9 ball bearing in the clutch. I put it all back together and started it pulled in the clutch and put it into first let go and it just sat there. What could be my problems.
Thank you

Was the clutch working before the cable was replaced....if so is the cable now to tight and not adjusted properly....not sure what the number nine ball bearing is on that Honda, but guessing its at the end of the push rod inside the clutch cover? How did you have any engine or clutch covers off when you worked on it?

And welcome to DBA Ryan

I thought that the cable was stretched out so i replaced it. Then i took the clutch cover off drained all the oil and look and the ball bearing was gone. So i ordered one put it all back together. Started it up pulled in the clutch it felt good. Shifted it down into 1st gear let go of the clutch and it just sits there. I'm lost.
Thank you

Maybe a dumb question.....but are you sure the ball was gone?...if you doubled up (not sure it's possible anyways) that would cause what's happening now. Just that since it was functioning properly before somthing changed. You do have free play at the lever right?