250F 2005 yzf 250 exhaust glowing red.

New to the forum guys from north Texas. Bike started giving me trouble. Ran fine ever since I got it. Fired it up the other day and almost instantly the exhaust was glowing red. I cleaned the jets and bowl out, and same thing. Any thing I might be missing?

Kinda weird. When I pull my choke it will not stay out. It immediately sucks Back in. Always has but it has never needed to choke. So I've never used it.

I too have an 05 yz250f and mine does the exact same thing...I only notice it glowing red when it's kind of dark outside. I would say its fine unless you are seeing it glow during the day, then I would say to adjust it to run more rich.

If its never did it before, Check your valves. Make sure they are in spec. Anytime i see or heard a modern 4stroke not running correctly my advice is check valve clearance. You could also move the AF screw.

If you do a simple google search you can read about these things flowing red after a few seconds of running. The choke will make it worse , in most cases.

If you rebuild your engine and get a rise in compression your pipe will glow too. Make sure all your fluids are up to level and maintenance is up to date and ride it. If there are no other problems I would not be concerned

Be careful... that is how we lost the header on our race bike. It was glowing read before the race. We thought it was because it was 20 degrees out. 2 laps into the race the pipe fell off. The extreme heat made the pipe become brittle.