2001 yz125 problem after rebuild

So I replaced the throttle cable today and this is the result. I think it's working as it should now. When I had the carb apart I took note of the main jet size.. It's a 480 and it's a plastic jet as apposed to brass. Should I be switching it to brass?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1459897958834.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459897958834.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 11
So I replaced the throttle cable today and this is the result. I think it's working as it should now. When I had the carb apart I took note of the main jet size.. It's a 480 and it's a plastic jet as apposed to brass. Should I be switching it to brass?
You sure your looking at the right part?

Never heard of a plastic jet. I would be getting some brass in there. -BIG DAN:thumb:

You are also missing a allen screw screen and carrier in the two holes in the base of that carb intake.

That is exactly how I got the carb... How important are those parts to the carb? What do they do? And is it okay to run it without those peices? Thanks again for the help

Thank you for all of the input. The parts that are missing off of my carb, what is the purpose of them? Usually things are there for a purpose. I don't want to risk doing damage to the motor if I can avoid it